Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Paleo Sweet Potato Chili

I was surfing pinterest (having withdrawals from the wedding) and stumbled upon a paleo chili recipe. Stephen and I having been practicing a paleoish diet (maybe 80% of the time) for about a year and a half. We are always looking for easy, fun recipes to cook; especially something that will last a few days. This recipe has sweet potatoes and that is one of Stephen's top 5 foods so I knew I had to make it for us! We have enjoyed all of our new cooking tools in our kitchen, thanks everyone for all the wonderful wedding gifts! It is a pleasure to cook with them!

Chop one red onion, three carrots and 5 sweet potatoes. 

I wanted to capture the beautiful light in my kitchen, it was so pretty.

 I love all of my Turquoise Le Creuset.
 
You will need, thyme, bay leaves, red pepper flakes, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper, beef stock and diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.

Here are the ingredients thanks to Taste of Lizzy T's recipe I found on pinterest.
  • 2 lbs. hamburger
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 large can (29.5 oz) can tomato sauce
  • 2 cups petite diced tomatoes, with juice
  • 3 cups beef stock
  • 3 carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
  • 5 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 4-5 cups)
  • 2 bay leaves
  • ½ teaspoon thyme
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1½ teaspoons black pepper
  • ½ cup chili powder
  • dash of oregano
  • dash of red pepper flakes
 Very colorful meal!


Stephen showed up right as I was finishing, he surprised me with champagne because he got a promotion! 


I am so proud of him! Congrats love!

 The chili was perfect for this cool weather we are having in Georgia! It was very tasty and will last us a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment